I came across a quote which impacted me a lot.
It goes like this:
"If you know that what you are experiencing now is caused by actions in the past, then act positively on your present now, so that you will have a better future."
It makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
There are times in my life where I'd say to myself "ah, how I wish I had...", "If I had known earlier, I would have .....", "If I had known earlier, I would not have..."
I have grown to understand that my actions in the past have caused me to have what I have now, in both good and bad ways.
I have also understood even more that what I do now, will impact what I will have and experience in future.
There are times, I find myself being too future concerned that I forgot to live in the present, which is a pity.
There are times where I imagine too much of my future, that I don't focus on the present.
I always reflect and learn from my doings in the past, if it has helped me or hurt me.
And I make sure not to repeat mistakes and to continue doing the good.
I also have to make a mental note on reminding myself to live in the present more because it is definitely more important to live and focus on the present because it is the only time I can create and make change.
The past is over and I cannot change a thing about it and the future has yet to come.
The only time is NOW.
And NOW is the most important.

No comments:
Post a Comment