"To see yourself in someone else means you are halfway to winning the battle."
-Albert Espinosa, The Yellow World
Recently, I have seen more and more people posting inspirational quotes, pictures, stories on facebook, Instagram and almost everywhere else on social media.
Many times, it evokes the "you took this long to realise?" reaction in me, which made me feel kinda evil.
Or like when they tried to share something amazing that they just found out, which I had came across long time ago, I will have the "oh, i knew this long ago" reaction inside me.
After reading this chapter of The Yellow World, it made me feel so much better and also guilty at the same time.
So much better because I know that this is prove that I have been in their position, and have overcome it, and that I am in a much better state than them. It really feel very good.
Guilty because I failed to show compassion to them. Even though those reaction were just inside me and it stayed there, I felt I could have been happier for them instead, and maybe even offer some words of encouragement!
After reading this, I tell myself that I have to be more compassionate and show more empathy towards others. Even if it's not expressed outward.
It's a thriving moment for anyone to realise and accept something that is outside their comfort zone.
And when they share it with others, I'm sure it's something that touched them right at the most sensitive part, and that it meant a lot to them.
At times like this, we should all offer an encouraging word or a kind smile, which what seems to tell them, "You will get better, you will get over!"
What about you?
Have you seen yourself in others' position before?
How did you feel?
What was your reaction?
Share with me. I would love to hear.
cheers, Caroline.
No comments:
Post a Comment